Mrs Robinson was thrilled to receive a mysterious parcel from the United States this morning. It contained a book:
The book, ” Learning from Libraries That Use WordPress”, is by Kyle M L Jones and Polly-Alida Farrington and was published in the United States by the American Library Association. Mrs Robinson was asked to contribute to the book some time ago and wrote a chapter about our Library Online site. If you want to read it, ask in the Library.
Of course our Library Online Services are improving all of the time!
It was great to be able to speak to our new Sixth Formers on their Induction Day about the Library Services we offer. The presentation and guide to the Library Services are embedded below:
Guide to the Library Services for Sixth Form Students:
Power Point Presentation:
Mrs Robinson has made a Research Guide to help you investigate aspects of Astronomy. Here it is in the widget below:
Or try this direct link – Astronomy Research Guide
Why not read this site on your phone? Here is the QR code:
To get our app, please follow these instructions:
Please download the iPhone and Android apps in the following locations.
1) iPhone app: http://itunes.apple.com/my/app/bloapp/id436962200?mt=8
2) Android app: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.infindo.bloapp.activities
Note: To add this blog, you simply need to snap the QR code with Bloapp. Alternatively you can search for this site’s name using the search function as well.
If this does not work, please let Mrs Robinson know so that she can sort it out!
You can now search our library catalogue. Look at the left-hand column and type into the search box. You will then get a listing of our books.
This is powered by a site called LibraryThing, an online service to help people catalogue their books easily. Because everyone catalogues together, LibraryThing also connects people with the same books, comes up with suggestions for what to read next, and so forth. Over the coming weeks, we will look at how we can use this interesting site with reading groups in the Library.
Welcome to the new Library Online website for The Dixie Grammar School. Your new Librarian, who started on the 1st September, is Mrs Anne M Robinson. I am a Chartered Librarian, really experienced in running school libraries.
I am going to use this site for a range of things:
- To track the development of the Library during its transformation over the coming years.
- To give the staff and students of the school a taste of what a Chartered Librarian can do – explore the site as it develops to find lots of help!
- To create useful advice on how to research – look at the Subject Links pages.
- To talk about books and reading – tell me what you like to read so that we can make the Library relevant to you.