Welcome to Year 6 students! This post has been made to help you with your project.
Image by Tambako the Jaguar on Flickr
Please choose one endangered animal and find answers to these questions. You will then have to present your findings in a PowerPoint.
- What does endangered mean?
- How many of your animal are alive in the wild or in captivity?
- What is your animal’s main habitat?
- What are the main predators of your animal?
- What is the lifespan of your animal?
- Can you find out the reasons why your animal is endangered?
- Can you find out what is being done to preserve it? Which are the main organisations working on this?
Here are a range of websites that Mrs Robinson has found for you. If you click on the link, it will open in a new window.
Electricity in the UK for the next generation
Dear Year 10 student,
I have put together some websites to help you with this assessment. If you click on the links below, you will go through to the Library Online page on Delicious. This is where I have gathered a whole lot of websites for you to see. I hope you find them useful.
- How power stations work
- Statistics on electricity production
- Fossil fuels
- Renewable energy sources
- hydroelectric power
- solar power
- tidal and wave power
- wind power
- Nuclear energy
Good luck with your work!
Mrs Robinson has put some web sites together for you on Acid Rain:
It is Science Week from the 6th to the 15th March.
The Librarian will add more information here during the week.