The stock-take was completed last week and an Initial Assessment Report on the Library was sent to the Headmaster and my Line Manager, Mr Haddon. This will enable us to have a baseline against which to measure the future development of the Library.
This week, I am continuing with the following things:
- Assessing and weeding all stock
- Cleaning, repairing and re-cataloguing remaining stock
- Designing and printing new guiding and signage
- Beginning to plan displays – particularly with Open Morning in mind
- Getting to know staff and pupils
- Developing the Library Online Website
The Library is now open at lunchtimes as well as after school for all pupils – see previous post. A small collection of magazines has been started. I am also planning how to involve the pupils as Library Helpers – note not Librarians!
Now, I also have to think about how to promote the services of the Library and especially this website – more on that soon!